Unintended by Muse Review

by - 04:46




I feel like I’ve just been triggered by something indescribable which suddenly coming rushing into my brain. But kinda like it.
Well, let’s get down to the business.

I'll start with a song sung by Muse, a rock band from Teighmouth, Devon, England. The title is called “unintended”. When first hearing this song, I melted. It was literally out of the world. The way Matthew Bellamy singing it is astonishingly breathtaking, seriously. I bet that many of you have ever experienced of hearing it, or even listening to it. In case you haven’t, give a try on it! Getting yourselves heard that one song is something that can’t easily verbalized. I loved it, I love it. Sure, so do you, don’t you?

“Unintended” is a song included in Showbiz album of Muse’s. It was in 1999, if I’m not mistaken. Well, since Muse carries kind of alternative rock genre, yet this song is just a lil bit influenced by that sort of alternative rock genre. It is slow, – I put it on my “slowmotion” playlist – and somehow rumbling plus the gloomy saddening sound that you will feel through this “unintended.” The intro part was amazingly composed and start from it you can directly “feel” it as well as if you listen to the whole part of the song. The lyrics were beautifully arranged by the vocalist, Matthew James Bellamy. In addition, the music is pretty melodic and I think it’s pretty different from any other songs in the Showbiz album, for example, like in sober. Differently from “Unintended,” “Sober” really got the sense of the alternative genre.

Now, move on to the lyrics itself…
Firstly, I want to talk about the title, “unintended.” At the first time I heard it, I thought the meaning referred to “intention.” I kept on searching for the real meaning of it but I ended up with no clues. Just about three years ago, I finally found what it exactly meant. I looked up my Cambridge, I started with the word “Intended” and came out the meaning that was “the person that you are going to marry,” I think it’s similar with fiancée or fiancé. So I come with the conclusion that referring to the meaning of “Intended,” “Unintended” means that it is to call someone you love but you, for some reasons, can’t marry him/her. You’ll find out why it is so later when you finish reading this whole post.

You could be the one I'll always love
You could be the one who listens to my deepest inquisitions
You could be the one I'll always love
I'll be there as soon as I can

So, why do I highlight some words above? The words “could be” shows probability, so he wishes that she could be the one he always loved, but the reality seems different. They can’t be together, they can’t get married, they can’t love each other for their entire lives. The man told in the lyrics is still trying to fix the broken-heart he got after breaking up with his previous lover. Instead of moving on, he still keeps on looking back to what he used to have when he was with her, yet, at the same time, he has found someone that he thought she could be his intended, not so long he knows that it can’t be. He knows he can’t just get rid of his previous memories, and he loves his new lover. He then realizes that the way he loves his previous lover is way too much than the way he loves his new lover. That is why “She could never be as good as you, you could be my unintended.”

You should be the one I'll always love

I'll be there as soon as I can
But I'm busy mending broken pieces of the life I had before
I'll be there as soon as I can

What a heartbreaking, right?


You May Also Like

0 comments